Monday, February 14, 2011

Best Makeup for Your Valentine's Day Look

 

How does a Good Housekeeping beauty product tester get glam for V-day? Read on to find out which makeup products she thinks are key to creating a romantic look.

A Great Eyeliner
Liquid liner, which makes your eyes look dramatic, is perfect for a date. I use it on my upper lash line to make it look thicker. My fave: Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner, which came out tops in our waterproof eyeliner test. The felt-tip pen-like applicator is so easy to use, it's hard to mess up! Plus, it really will stay on all night. If you're not into trying liquid liner, my other recommendation is Lancome Le Stylo Waterproof Eyeliner. This product goes on so smoothly you'd think there's no way it won't smudge, but you'll be surprised. It stays exactly where you put it.


A Flirty Lipgloss

When I'm on a date, I don't want just plain shine, I want color impact as well. Revlon Colorstay Mineral Lipglaze has the gleam and wearability of a gloss plus strong, pigmented color. I like Endless Lilac.

A Sparkling Smile
Make sure your teeth are sparkling white for all that smiling you'll be doing! Go Smile Whitening Light ($198, gosmile.com) can lighten teeth an average of 1.6 shades in one use. For a more budget friendly buy, try Crest Whitestrips.

Related: Best Teeth Whiteners

Dramatic Mascara

I've been using d.j.v. beautenizer Volume Lash for the past few weeks and have become a big fan of its "3-D Film Coating Formula" that thickens the lashes while also making them look longer. Best of all, it's never clumpy.

A Versatile and Effective Hair Styling ToolI think of my hair as the icing on the cake. As the Remington Frizz Therapy Iron is kind of skinny in size, I actually use it to curl the ends of my hair under and create curls around my face. Check out all the YouTube videos with tutorials on how to use flat irons to curl you hair to get more out of your straightening iron.

— By Mary McConnell

No comments:

Post a Comment